23 October 2005

Prep? What?

I've been reading with some trepidation that Year Two is harder than Year One for NaNoWriMo. The reasons vary:
  • If you succeeded, you only remember that you did, not what it took to get there. So, you are filled with overconfidence.
  • If you didn't, you don't know why, and so you are filled with underconfidence and almost quit before you start. (OK, I made that one up.)
  • Over prepping seems to stem the flow of creativity
  • Underprepping seems to stem the flow of energy
  • Life sucks and then you die. (That's not what anyone wrote, but sort of sums it up.)
I think if I don't succeed this year it will be because I didn't sit down and write twice a day. Other than that, it should be fine. Why? Because of the whole point of National Novel Writing Month. Just write it doesn't matter what, it only matters how much. Quantity reigns over quality. Write write write write write.

fb

No comments: